Formed in 2002 in Brooklyn, New York the band consists of multi-instrumentalists Andrew VanWyngarden and Ben Goldwasser, both alumni of Wesleyan University. Their 2008 debut album ‘Oracular Spectacular’ spawned the almost ubiquitous hit singles ‘Kids’, ‘Time To Pretend’ and ‘Electric Feel’ while 2010’s follow up ‘Congratulations’ saw them embrace more of a progressive, guitar-driven sound.
The band’s Late Night Tales selection of post-punk, cult indie and counter-culture figureheads reflects the band’s multifaceted sound, and draws comparisons with contemporary dream...
- Disco Inferno - Can't See Through It
- The Great Society - Love You Girl
- Suicide - Cheree
- Television Personalities - Stop and Smell the Roses
- The Velvet Underground - Ocean
- Felt - Red Indians
- Julian Cope - Laughing Boy
- Durutti Column - For Belgium Friends
- Charlie Feathers - Mound of Clay
- Mark Fry - For Wilde
- MGMT - All We Ever Wanted Was Everything (Bauhaus Cover)
- Cheval Sombre - Troubled Mind
- Dave Bixby - Drug Song
- The Jacobites - Hearts Are Like Flowers
- The Chills - Pink Frost
- Martin Rev - Sparks
- The Wake - Melancholy Man
- Spacemen 3 - Lord Can You Hear Me?
- Pauline Anna Strom - Morning Splendor
- Paul Morley - Lost for Words Part 2